Sometimes it’s challenging to come up with date night ideas when you’re off grid with kids, especially if they’re young. But with a little creativity and an open mind you and your spouse can still enjoy special moments together!
Most of the time when you have young kids, or are living off grid, it can seem impossible to find time to connect and date your spouse. But trust me, there are ways! Below you can find my “brain dump” of date night ideas when you’re off grid with kids which you can fit in after bedtime, during nap time, weekends, or when chores are done and the kids are busy playing!
Mix and match, and combine ideas to create your own fun date with your spouse!
Check out these ideas
- campfire with your favourite things to cook
- stargazing – don’t forget an astronomy book to find new constellations
- packed picnic somewhere special on your property, or on the floor in your bedroom!
- recite poetry to one another
- outdoor BBQ
- read romantic scripture together like Song of Songs (You can also download my printable HERE)
- evening “campout” outside or in the box of a truck
- go for a slow walk close to home
- treasure hunt with a metal detector!
- make a scavenger hunt and have a friendly competition
- play a board game that encourages communication and/or laughter
- sit down together and write out everything you love/admire/enjoy about your spouse. Then swap papers and read them aloud
- do each others makeup!
- play “chubby bunny” with marshmallows, for even more laughter get it on video to watch over again!
- plan a treasure hunt for each other
- If it’s raining go outside and dance in it
- play pictionary
- have a candlelit evening together with no tech
- bake bread together
- plant a flower bed together
- go outside and practise photography with a phone or camera
- play “strip poker” or a different card game you enjoy
- go through an I SPY book together
- play 20 Questions
- play a blindfolded mystery food guessing game
- learn to play a song on a musical instrument
- learn a second language together
- build a gingerbread house together OR build two separately and have a competition
- learn to do string figures on your fingers
- play I SPY outdoors with binoculars
- follow a tutorial for a “paint nite” and create art together
- go snowshoeing
- take a walk cross country skiing
- build an outdoor ice rink in your backyard and have a skate night
- if you have a trampoline, take some time to be kids again and jump on it!
- take turns reading a chapter book together
- write out a series of questions you want to ask each other and go through them, answering the best you can (ei. how was your relationship with your siblings growing up, what is your favourite song right now, do you have goals for the coming year, etc)
- look at your wedding album
Enjoy the free printable version!
Also download my list of Romantic Bible Verses To Read Together
Before You Go!
I make a lot of free printables available for the general reader. BUT if you would like access to my free members only hub and newsletter, please put your email into the box below to receive the password!
The hub is a password protected place where all of my created content lives, including printables, checklists, e-books, instruction manuals and more! Also, you will receive one monthly newsletter to let you know about all of the new content I have created that month!
I would love to have you be apart of the members hub.
Don’t forget to follow me on instagram! @alovelyplacecalledhome
Another popular post I have is: Romantic Bible Verses To Read Together This Valentine’s Day
Thankyou for reading,
These are some great ideas even without kids. We hate going out…especially at night. We did a date night lunch yesterday for Valentine’s Day. Tonight will be cast iron skillet steaks at home.