I’ve finally done it. After months of trials and testing; I’ve created the best odor eliminator spray for your home! And I can’t wait to share it with you…
The best odor eliminator spray recipe
If you’d like to jump right to the recipe at the bottom of the page scroll down or click the jump to recipe button here:Jump to Recipe
Why it’s so important for me to bring this odor eliminator spray to you;
As a professional cleaner, I’ve come in contact with MANY different types of cleaners. And naturally, because of my line of work, I notice cleaning products probably more than the average person.
To top that off, I live a natural lifestyle, so harsh chemicals, fragrance, and other terrible-for-you products really irk me.
This makes me notice things like the overuse of odor control products in homes, and how absolutely TERRIBLE they are for your health! AND how simple products- most likely already living somewhere in your home- can easily replace these store bought poisons.
I’ve been on a mission to create a superior product that far exceeds the conventional odor eliminator sprays on the market that’re full of terrible ingredients- Lysol, Febreze, Air Wick, Arm & Hammer, just to name a few. And bring people a product they can trust will do the job, that they can make at home, and that’s actually safe for you!
So here it is my friends. My creation. My simple but magical spray.
And it’s amazing.
What can this odor eliminator spray be used for?
Soooo many things like;
- cat pee. YA. I KNOW. It works for cat pee odor.
- vomit cleanup
- human pee (mattress, pillows, carpet etc)
- sports gear
- stinky shoes
- regular home stuff that needs a refresh
This spray not only dominates hard to clean things like cat pee or vomit, but it’s also an amazing room refresher. Just spray it in the air and let it work its magic!
How to apply and where to avoid using this spray
I spray my odor eliminating spray using an old cleaning vinegar bottle that I like. It has a heavy mist with super fine droplets so it doesn’t soak things or drip huge amounts in one specific area when I’m spraying.
Some application tips:
- Always shake the bottle before spraying
- When you spray something always spray from at least 16 inches away so that you don’t soak an area (unless of course you really wanna get that power to a spot LOL)
- There’s no need to wipe this product off if you’re using it like a room deodorizer spray
- Animals don’t like it so be mindful them!
- You can use this as a preventative spray for cats who have peeing issues. Where ever you spray this, cats won’t spray their “product”.
- When using as a general deodorizer, spray before bed or before leaving home. Some people aren’t fond of the vinegar scent that lingers for a while after. Personally I enjoy it cause to me it smells like a cleaner, but it’s not for everyone
What to AVOID using this product on
- stainless steel
- porous stone finishes
- delicate or special things, just incase 😉
The reason most of these are on the list is because the ingredients in the spray can damage the items, wear them down, or ruin them.
And for people and pets? Well because this is on the internet and I have to state these things just incase…
The best odor eliminator spray for your home recipe:
Ok! Enough talking, here it is. You’re welcome.
Sounding over confident? It’s because I’m so sure of this product!
What you’ll need:
Cleaning vinegar (regular white vinegar will work too it just won’t be as strong)
Super strong dish soap.
Either DoTerra ON GUARD or Revive PROTECT essential oils
DOterra vs. Revive oils
Although this recipe calls for DOterra ONGUARD, you don’t have to use that specific brand. I have switched to Revive oils and use their product PROTECT, but I still have tons of DOterra left to use up so that’s why I used it!
If you have another brand of this type of oil that you prefer please feel free to use it.
THE BEST ODOR ELIMINATOR SPRAY FOR YOUR HOME
- spray bottle
- 4 CUPS Cleaning vinegar Regular white will work too
- 1 TBSP Heavy duty dish soap
- 25 DROPS ONGUARD essential oil You can use other brands with this similar product in their given name. Like Revive's PROTECT
- *optional* water to dilute
- Add the soap and oil to the spray bottle, then fill remaining space with the cleaning vinegar.
- Shake well before use each time.
I hope this product becomes a staple in your cleaning cabinet just like it has for me!
THE BEST ODOR ELIMINATOR SPRAY FOR YOUR HOME